I know that there are a couple of days left in this year, but I felt like the beginning of the week would be just as good a place to put this post as any.
Looking back at the goals that I made for 2014, the only thing off of that list that I actually accomplished was finishing the novel I started for NaNoWriMo 2013. As you know, I did this by completely rewriting it for NaNoWriMo 2014. And, while I’m disappointed in myself for not having completed any of the other goals, I do think that the fact that I completed the big one, so to speak, is pretty exciting.
So, here are some of the writing goals that I have for myself for this upcoming year.
- This year’s “big” goal is that I want to finish editing my novel, Collecting Humanity.
- Another main goal for me is that I want to try my hand at freelance writing again.
- I’m also planning on blogging regularly both here and at No Penny Required. I made a commitment to both these blogs when I decided to purchase their domain names. I’m also playing with the idea of once again trying to create some sort of author website using Wix.
- You may have noticed in the sidebar that I’m going to give myself the poem a day challenge again as well. Even if it’s winds up being something I can’t use, I want to get something down.
- The same applies to short stories. I want to try to write as many of those as I can during the year as well, and the Story Pieces series that I’ve started doing here should help.
- I would also like to submit my work to different literary magazines,
- attempt to find a literary agent once my novel is complete,
- and get some professional head shots made for the web and also for, one day, the inside cover of my novels.
There are so many things to see and do and learn in 2015. What are some of your life and writing goals?